Black Design Collective Student Scholarship Overview
Are you interested in pursuing a career in Fashion Design? Already enrolled in a Fashion program. Black Design Collective’s TJ Walker Scholarship is available to college students who are pursuing fashion or accessory design in the United States. Named after Black Design Collective’s Co-Founder and Co-Founder of Cross Colours, the scholarship is open to students registered in a fashion design program at an accredited Community College, HBCU, Design School or University.
Black Design Collective will be awarding both partial and full scholarships during this scholarship cycle.
The Black Design collective TJ Walker Scholarship is intended to provide financial awards to future fashion designers. The scholarship is to be used in full for payment of tuition (including books, fees, and supplies) for one academic year. The scholarship is to be used beginning in the start quarter for which it is awarded.
- The scholarship is available to legal US Citizen who live in the United States.
- The scholarship is available to students who are pursuing a degree or certificate in fashion design from a college, university or other accredited design program.
- Maintain 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA in College. Each scholarship recipient must:
- Maintain full-time status (minimum 12 quarter units).
- Finalists will be required to participate in an online interview with the Black Design Collective Board of Directors.
- If selected, scholarship recipients are required to participate in Black Design Collective Membership Meetings and other special events. (Complimentary admission will be provided to scholarship recipients.
- Allow Black Design Collective to feature them, and their submitted entry, in promotional material.
DEADLINE TO APPLY
- April 30, 2021 at 11:59 PM
- Please note that no late or incomplete applications will be accepted.